Is your computer getting slower and slower? Are there popups appearing all over your screen? Are you worried that your current system protection hasn’t worked? Have you had a phone call from someone telling you there is a problem with your computer and you let them access your computer to check it? Have you clicked a link in an email then thought maybe I shouldn’t have done that?
Over the last 14 years we have seen a wide variety of spyware and viruses. New ones are appearing all the time and its essential that you keep your computer safe with up to date antivirus and anti-spyware. We can check your computer for any infections and then install free software and give you advice on how to best prevent the issue from happening again. Here are some helpful hints:
- Always keep your virus and spyware software up to date
- Never open an email if you don’t recognise who sent it – it could put things on your computer
- Your bank/building society will never send you emails asking for your username or password – if it looks suspicious, it probably is – call your bank to check if you are not sure
- Never let anyone who phones you access your computer – no matter how convincing they may be
- Never click on a pop up if you don’t know what it is – you can click the x in the top right hand corner to close it
- If there is bad spelling or grammar in an email – it’s not likely to be official.