A Bit About PC Services NI – Laptop Repairs in Belfast
PC Services NI has been offering affordable IT support and computer repairs to small/medium sized businesses and members of the public from Belfast, Bangor, Newtownards, Dundonald, Holywood and across County Down since 2004.
In early 2015 we opened our repair centre for drop in callers above Elsie’s newsagents at 116a Castlereagh Street in Belfast. We are open daily Monday to Friday and late night on Wednesdays offering a quick repair service where this is possible or a chat re the potential options to meet your needs. With over twelve years’ experience working with all types of brands there is very little that we have not seen before and we will always give you an honest assessment of whether repairs are economically viable. If an upgrade or replacement is your only solution, we can provide advice on what would suit your needs within your budget and transfer your data and software to your new system, getting you up and running again as soon as possible.
We offer a broad range of services at our repair centre including:
- PC and laptop repairs including laptop screen replacements
- PC and laptop upgrades to make your computer faster and able to deal with new software
- Virus and spyware removal and generally cleaning up your computer
- Software installation
- Data transfer and computer set up
For businesses we also offer:
- Logo and website design
- Advice and scopiong of your IT requirements
- Supplying and installing new computer systems including peripherals such as printers
- Broadband set up
- Excel spreadsheet design including visual basic splash screens
- On site visits
PC Repair Services Virus Removal
Is your computer getting slower and slower? Are there popups appearing all over your screen? Are you worried that your current system protection hasn’t worked? Have you had a phone call from someone telling you there is a problem with your computer and you let them access your computer to check it? Have you clicked a link in an email then thought maybe I shouldn’t have done that?
Over the last 12 years we have seen a wide variety of spyware and viruses. New ones are appearing all the time and its essential that you keep your computer safe with up to date antivirus and anti-spyware. We can check your computer for any infections and then install free software and give you advice on how to best prevent the issue from happening again. Here are some helpful hints:
- Always keep your virus and spyware software up to date
- Never open an email if you don’t recognise who sent it – it could put things on your computer
- Your bank/building society will never send you emails asking for your username or password – if it looks suspicious, it probably is – call your bank to check if you are not sure
- Never let anyone who phones you access your computer – no matter how convincing they may be
- Never click on a pop up if you don’t know what it is – you can click the x in the top right hand corner to close it
- If there is bad spelling or grammar in an email – it’s not likely to be official.
PC and Laptop Repair
We offer a wide range of PC and laptop repairs and will always give an honest opinion as to whether the repair is economically viable or not. These include:
- Virus and spyware removal
- Upgrades to make your computer faster or more capable of running the latest software including hard drive upgrades and adding more memory
- Solving issues with software and windows updates
- Replacing laptop screens and keyboards
- Fault diagnosis
You can drop off your computer to our repair centre and subject to part availability, we aim to turn around most repairs within 48 hours. If we have to undertake a system reinstall, we always attempt to backup and transfer all your documents, pictures, music etc. unless your computer is so damaged that our data recovery service is more suitable.
We can set your computer up to make sure everything will work the way you want it to. Maybe you have already tried to set up your new computer but things haven’t gone to plan? We can still help.
All setups include:
- Initial system setup
- Setting up user profiles for those who will use the machine
- Data transfer from your old machine to your new one
- Setting up and configuring your email on your new computer
- Installing the relevant drivers for your peripherals such as printers
- Settings for your Internet connections
If you need it, we can also give you advice on what to buy before you get it. Here are some useful hints:
- If you don’t plan to move around with your computer, desktops are generally less expensive and last longer
- If you don’t have a lot of space or a desk/table to set your computer, laptops take up less space
- Watch out for opting for cheap netbooks – they often don’t have things you may need such as DVD drives etc. so you may not be able to do everything you need with them
- You need at least 4GB of RAM to run any modern software
Have you an old desktop or laptop lying around that you want to throw out but you want your files and information saved or you are worried that you haven’t properly removed everything? Have you just bought a new computer and want your information transferred from your old computer? Has something happened your computer and you need help to recover your pictures or your information?
If so, bring your computer to our repair centre and let us look after your data. We can offer a range of services:
- Using a range of tools to try to recover your data if your computer is damaged (we cannot guarantee that this will be successful, but we will do our best – and if we are unsuccessful there will be no charge)
- Backing up your information
- Transferring everything you need to your new computer
- Removing the hard drive from your computer (this is where your files are saved) so that you can either keep it with the data stored on it or we can ensure it is destroyed to that your data cannot be accessed and allowing you to throw away your computer knowing your data is safe.
Simple data transfers can normally be completed within 24 hours and only cost £30. The time and cost of recovering information can vary depending on what has happened your computer and the amount of data you had stored. We will always offer you a realistic quotation for recovery for you to agree before undertaking any work.
Second Hand Desktop
We only sell 2nd hand desktop computers (not laptops) as we have a reliable supplier of ex business stock that comes complete with a BCS 6 month guarantee.
Our machines are setup and ready to go and include open office software, antivirus, antispyware and cleaning tools and until the end of February 2016 includes a free data transfer from your existing machine.
We do not hold stock of 2nd hand machines in order to allow us to order in the newest stock but will normally be:
- HP Desktop
- Windows 7
- 4GB RAM
- 320GB Hard Drive
The Cost of our 2nd hand desktops start from £160 and are at the end of the phone if you have any questions regarding what we can provide for you.
Laptop Screen Repairs
We offer a laptop screen replacement service for all sizes of laptop screens (not tablets or phones). This service is available from £65 + VAT.
People We Work With
Request A Quote Today
36-B W 1st Ave, Miller, SD 57362, USA